Who we are.
At Street Noise we make books that combine words and images in a powerful way, as in nonfiction graphic novels and memoirs. Our books have a radical, intersectional feminist, queer and inclusive vision, and seek to provide a platform for the voices of marginalized people.
“You have to act as if it were possible to radically transform the world.
And you have to do it all the time.” —Angela Davis
What we believe in.
- Truth and authenticity.
- The power of human creativity.
- The awesome power of love.
- Giving a damn and taking a stand.
- Fighting the powers of racism and oppression.
- Our duty to protect the earth.
- Freedom from gender norms and stereotypes.
- Respecting each other and appreciating our differences.
What we're thinking about.
We hope to be a part of the authentic, thoughtful and emotionally honest life that our readers are building for themselves. As part of a greater community of creative, engaged and free-thinking people, we are empowered to effect change, and to build the world we want around us.
Publisher + Founder
Why I do what I do.
- I love books. I love how reading opens my eyes and stretches my brain. And I also love books as objects. I love the power of the typography, the illustrations, the cover design, and the way books feel in my hands.
- I love working with talented, creative people and helping to bring their thoughts and stories to life.
- I love making books for young adults because I believe they have the vision to create a better tomorrow.
For the past fifteen years, I have worked as an art director and book designer in the big publishing houses of New York City. I've enjoyed collaborating with many gifted writers, illustrators, graphic artists and editors. In the wake of the 2016 U.S. presidential election, I have become passionately driven to advocate for the power of love and compassion in the face of hate and oppression. I am creating Street Noise Books to provide a platform from which truth can be told, a place to share our stories, to foster community, and a means to build a future where all people are free and respected.
Connect with us.
Street Noise Books uses the traditional publishing model, not self-publishing or a hybrid. And we are currently happy to consider unagented submissions from people with a fresh voice or perspective. We are looking forward to hearing your ideas, but your time and energy are precious, so before you consider submitting a proposal, please familiarize yourself with our overall mission to make sure we would be a good fit for your project. Then, if so, please send us the following:
- A page or two that describes the purpose and main themes of the book.
- A tentative table of contents, with a short summary of each chapter.
- A one to five page sample of one of the chapters of the book.
- Samples of illustrations or artwork, where appropriate.
- Information about any comparable titles, already published or to be published.
- Your bio, including any publishing credits or experience relevant to the book.
- Your intended writing timetable.
We like either digital submissions or paper submissions by mail, but we cannot return materials. So, please do not send originals, or anything you want back.
Where we are.
Send actual mail to:
Street Noise Books
195 Plymouth Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Send emails to:
And hey, don't you want to be on our mailing list?